I’ve built a career working in high-growth tech startups, developing people processes & frameworks and building culture. I was recognised as one of the top 25 women leaders in fintech in 2022. I was the first people leader at GoCardless, Monzo, Snyk and Permutive.
I’m currently VP People at Griffin. You can read more about my journey here! My focus is on developing human-first structures that make work an enjoyable place to be, and as fulfilling as possible - and growing teams quickly, healthily and deliberately!
I have a theory that most people quit their jobs either because of HR failings, or for reasons that modern people practices could mitigate (e.g. having an ill-equipped or unqualified manager). The role of a people team is to centre people’s experience of work, and design each of these experiences to be positive and useful for both the business and the individual. Through this, we can build successful businesses and develop highly talented, engaged individuals.
My big passions are culture, inclusive leadership, hiring well, feedback, and finding fun.
I really enjoy giving talks and taking part in panels or Q&As. Please get in touch if you’d like me to speak at your event.
- Caring for your brain like the rest of your body Mental Health @ Work podcast (listen)
- Structure the chaos Leading Between the Lines podcast (listen)
- How to build a self-developing team The Customer Conference (video)
- Using culture fit as a force for good Point Nine Capital (video)
- Getting more useful feedback Culturevist (video)
- Better resumes London Heads of People
- Employment and inclusion Founders & Coders
- Make Possible bitesize with Abadesi Osunsade Make Possible (video)
- Demystifying the hiring process Culturevist (video)
- The importance of candidate experience Energon Events
- I’m a manager, now what? Circle Community (video)
- Culture-conscious hiring People Geek breakfast
- Scaling hiring: how to 3x your headcount in a year and survive ScaleUP Academy
- Brand Health Report Hired (video)
- Diversity & inclusion Tech XLR8
- International Women’s Day SheCanCode
- Beyond the data: gender pay narratives and actions to promote diversity Simmons & Simmons
- Women <3 tech meet up: Tech Innovation in Finance InnovateHer
- What are you hiring for? General Assembly / Premier Talks
- ThinkDifferent London Tech Week (video)
- Hiring for happiness: how to hire diverse candidates while maintaining culture Jobbio Higher London
- When should you join a startup? Alternative Careers Festival
- Diversity & inclusion @ Monzo (Q&A) (video)